20 Watt Classic Bayonet B22 Bulb
This brand new Androv range for Winter 2009 solves two of the common complaints about Energy Saving Bulbs:
* The bulbs have been designed to look like a standard bulb, and therefore are ideal in areas where the bulb is visible and a more traditional look is desired.
* The tough plastic outer cover softens the light emitted, and also protects the compact fluorescent tube underneath from breakage. In the unfortunate event that a bulb is dropped and broken, the contents will normally be contained safely for immediate disposal.
Before you read about the benefits of full spectrum lighting just read this first about energy saving with these daylight bulbs:
Energy Savings: Assuming 8p per unit, over 10,000 hours the 20W uses 200KW costing approx £16. A 90W ordinary bulb would use 900KW costing £72 over the same period. The saving in electricity cost would therefore be £56, which is nearly 5 times the cost of the bulb. So you can save money and have full spectrum lighting in your home!!
Our daylight bulbs have a colour Temperature equivalent to Noon daylight, use around 75% less energy then standard bulbs, produce excellent colour rendering and contrast for reading.
* Convenient source of full spectrum light at any time
* Colour Temperature equivalent to daylight (6,000 Kelvin)
* CRI (Colour Rendering Index) of 95
* Full colour spectrum with accurate natural colours
* High contrast improves visibility and reading comfort
* Uses up to 75% less energy than standard bulb
* These bulbs last much longer than standard bulbs
Until 150 years ago most people worked outdoors, and obtained enough natural sunlight every day of the year. Windows filter out many parts of the light spectrum. Professor Dr. Fritz Hollwich, Director of the University Eye Hopsital in Munster, discovered that only around 25% of the light absorbed by our eyes is used directly for vision, the other 75% travels via the optic pathways to the brain and hypothalamus - the body's chief control system. This controls the nervous system and endocrine system, affecting amongs other things our glandular and hormone system.
Irradiation with sunlight increases the number of white blood cells, most of the lymphocytes, causing an upsurge in the defences against infectious diseases. It also stimulates the formation of Interferon, thereby preventing viruses from proliferating. Our bodies need clear information about day and night in order to regulate our waking and sleeping phases and the biorhythms associated with this. When it is dark more melatonin is produced, which signals to the body that it is time to sleep. On the other hand bright full-spectrum light suppresses the production of melatonin. If parts of the light spectrum are missing, the body can enter a twilight state, comatose, neither fully awake nor asleep. To summarise the human body has developed over millions of years with daily exposure to natural sunlight. Working indoors has removed much of this natural resource from our lives, but it can be closely replicated with full spectrum bulbs.
N.B. Because these daylight bulbs are energy efficient they produce very little heat, and are therefore safe to use in almost all fittings and with lamp shades if desired
This 20 Watt bulb (970 Lumens) replaces standard 75 Watt bulbs
Size approx: 13cm x 7cm (includes fitting)