20 Watt Dimmable Bayonet B22 Daylight Bulb
We know that many customers have been requesting a dimmable full spectrum bulb. After a great deal of development work and testing we are delighted to offer the Androv dimmable daylight bulbs to the market. We think these could be the first in Europe!!
Our daylight bulbs have a colour Temperature equivalent to Noon daylight, use 75% less energy then standard bulbs, produce excellent colour rendering and contrast for reading.
* Dimmable with standard household switches
* Convenient full spectrum light at any time
* Daylight Colour Temperature (5,500 Kelvin)
* CRI (Colour Rendering Index) of 93
* Full rainbow colour spectrum with accurate natural colours
* High contrast improves visibility and reading comfort
* Uses up to 75% less energy than standard bulbs
* Last much longer than standard bulbs
* Equivalent to 60 Watt incandescent bulb
Energy Savings: Assuming 8p per unit, over 10,000 hours the 20W uses 200KW costing approx £16. A 60W ordinary bulb would use 600KW costing £48 over the same period. The saving in electricity cost would therefore be £32. So you can save money and have dimmable full spectrum lighting in your home!!
Until 150 years ago most people worked outdoors, and obtained enough natural sunlight every day of the year. Windows filter out many parts of the light spectrum. Professor Dr. Fritz Hollwich, Director of the University Eye Hopsital in Munster, discovered that only around 25% of the light absorbed by our eyes is used directly for vision, the other 75% travels via the optic pathways to the brain and hypothalamus - the body's chief control system. This controls the nervous system and endocrine system, affecting amongs other things our glandular and hormone system.
Irradiation with sunlight increases the number of white blood cells, most of the lymphocytes, causing an upsurge in the defences against infectious diseases. It also stimulates the formation of Interferon, thereby preventing viruses from proliferating. Our bodies need clear information about day and night in order to regulate our waking and sleeping phases and the biorhythms associated with this. When it is dark more melatonin is produced, which signals to the body that it is time to sleep. On the other hand bright full-spectrum light suppresses the production of melatonin. If parts of the light spectrum are missing, the body can enter a twilight state, comatose, neither fully awake nor asleep. To summarise the human body has developed over millions of years with daily exposure to natural sunlight. Working indoors has removed much of this natural resource from our lives, but it can be closely replicated with full spectrum bulbs.
N.B. Because these daylight bulbs are energy efficient they produce very little heat, and are therefore safe to use in almost all fittings and with lamp shades if desired
This 20 Watt bulb (800 Lumens) replaces standard 60 Watt bulbs
Size approx: 13cm x 6cm (includes fitting)
Will they work with my dimmer switch at the home/office?
We have extensively tested this product, and developed it to work with a wide range of electronic and resistor dimmer switches. We do however think that the modern "electronic" dimmer switches are much better because they are more energy efficient, produce almost no heat, and no sound. It is impossible for us to test these units with every dimmer switch on the world market, so if for any reason they do not work for you - please just return to us within 30 days for a full refund.